Manu Feildel - Pan Fried Salmon with Asparagus and Lime Hollandaise Recipe
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:43 PM
Fresh, healthy fish dressed with tangy lime hollandaise and luscious asparagus. Experience Manu Feildel's Pan Fried Salmon with Asparagus and Lime Hollandaise Recipe!
- Olive oil
- 180g salmon fillet, skin on
- 4 spears asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g butter, room temperature
- 1 lime, juiced
- Lime, to serve
1. Preheat frying pan over high heat until hot. Season salmon with salt and pepper and rub both sides with olive oil. Cook skin side down for 2-3 minutes, pressing firmly on the fish to crispen the skin. Turn over cook a further 1-2 minutes for rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover and set aside 5 minutes to rest.
2. Meanwhile, cook asparagus in a pan of salted boiling water for 1 minute, then drain and refresh in cold water. Pat dry with paper towel.
3. Heat a saucepan of simmering water over medium low heat. Lightly whisk eggs yolks and 1 tbs water together in a heat-resistant pyrex bowl and place over the simmer water, making sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Whisk constantly for 2-3 minutes over the simmering water until it is thick and pale, has doubled in volume. Cut butter into cubes and add 1 cube at a time to the yolks, whisking constantly until butter is well combined and sauce starts to thicken. Remove bowl from heat and whisk in the 2 tbs lime juice until combined.
4. Place asparagus on a plate, top with salmon and spoon over lime hollandaise, season with salt and pepper and serve with lime wedges.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Coast has your chance to WIN a weekend in Wellington, with $1000 ...
Friday, April 26, 2013
Welcome to Coast Kitchen, a place to share and enjoy recipes.
The Coast ...
Friday, May 17, 2013
The stunning new novel from the author of the bestselling SECRETS OF THE T ...
Have you ever bought a fitness product, like the Fitness Flyer, Thigh Master or Total Gym and where is it now?