Catch up on shows with The Coast On Demand
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
The Joy Division song Love Will Tear Us Apart has been named the greatest track of the past 60 years by editors of NME magazine.
Pulp's Common People was second and Heroes by David Bowie came third as the British music magazine revealed the favourite 100 songs of its lifetime.
The Beach Boys registered twice in the top 20 with Good Vibrations (4) and God Only Knows (19), as did The Stone Roses with She Bangs The Drums (6) and I Am The Resurrection (20).
Other songs to make the top 10 were Blue Monday by New Order (5), There Is A Light That Never Goes Out by The Smiths (7), Ghost Town by The Specials (8), Fix Up, Look Sharp by Dizzee Rascal (9) and Wonderwall by Oasis (10).
The Top 20 tracks of NME's lifetime are:
1. Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
2. Pulp - Common People
3. David Bowie - Heroes
4. The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
5. New Order - Blue Monday
6. The Stone Roses - She Bangs The Drums
7. The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
8. The Specials - Ghost Town
9. Dizzee Rascal - Fix Up, Look Sharp
10. Oasis - Wonderwall
11. The Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil
12. The Ronettes - Be My Baby
13. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
14. Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen
15. The Beatles - A Day In The Life
16. The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
17. Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
18. The Beach Boys - God Only Knows
19. Madonna - Like A Prayer
20. The Stone Roses - I Am The Resurrection
What do you think of the list? Which songs should be in the top 20?
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
This week we heard from our lucky winner Sue Cook, who won a trip for two t ...
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
On April 30th 2003 The Legendary Possum Bourne died in Dunedin Hospital. Po ...
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Cramp may have saved a Christchurch runner and his wife from being right in ...
Thursday, March 28, 2013
With all the chat yesterday about the Lever Hit Parade, check out the NZ To ...
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Another doggy gem!... Being a veterinarian, I had been called to exami ...
Friday, March 08, 2013
Kenny Ball, jazz trumpeter, dies at 82 Kenny Ball died in hospital w ...