- Publish Date
- Friday, 1 June 2018, 12:29PM
The dreaded day has finally arrived; The first day of Winter 2018 and boy have we been feeling it the past week across the country!
Lucky for you we did some digging and have found some easy and super helpful tricks to make winter not so horrible.
1. Vinegar and Water - A mix of Vinegar and Water can help prevent that iced over car in the morning! Mix 3 teaspoons of vinegar with one teaspoon of water and spray some on your windows at night and save yourself some time by not having to defrost your car in the morning!
2. Electric Blankets - Despite popular belief, Electric Blankets use very little energy but keep your bed incredibly warm! If you haven't got one it is time you do, Bernadine swears by them!
3. Vitamin D - Your body naturally produces Vitamin D when you're in the sunlight and sadly we see less of the sun in winter so a good idea is to take some supplements! You may even see changes in your mood from this.
4. Utilise the oven - Try using your oven as much as possible, as its heat will not only cook but heat up your home! When you finish cooking, open the oven door to take as much advantage of the heat as possible.
5. Old socks - Find some old wooly socks and cover your windshield wipers with old socks so they are nice and warm and they won't stick to your frosty windscreen.
Those are our suggestions on how you can help yourself make winter just that little bit easier. If you have any other suggestions make sure you let us know, we need all the help we can get!