- Publish Date
- Friday, 22 April 2016, 9:46AM
If you've found yourself standing by the avocados at the supermarket, squeezing each one in the hope of finding a ripe avo among a bin of what feels like little green bricks, you're not alone.
But thanks to the wonders of the internet, there is now a solution to your avo dilemma.
According to lifestyle site PureWow, this little trick is pretty much foolproof:
- Wrap the avo in tin foil, and place on a baking tray
- Pop it in the oven at 100 degrees C, for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take it out and check if it's soft. It may take several 10 minute bursts to get to the perfect softness - according to the website, really hard fruit can take up to an hour.
- Once its at the perfect softness, place it in the fridge to cool.
- When it's cooled off, remove from the foil and enjoy the perfectly ripe, creamy avo goodness.
The trick works by making the fruit release ethylene gas, then trapping it in the foil, which speeds up the natural ripening process.