- Publish Date
- Monday, 20 December 2021, 10:38AM
Coast is proud to partner with the Christchurch City Council for their SummerTimes events in 2022.
If you’re looking for something to keep you and the family busy this summer, you’ve come to the right place because the What’s On Christchurch events calendar is packed with lots of different events for everyone. These events include musical gigs, live shows, markets, fun family activities and plenty more to make your summer one to remember.
Events coming soon …
It’s one of Christchurch’s most loved events and it’s back in 2022.
Happening on 22 January 2022 from 6.30pm – 9.30pm at North Hagley Park and hosted by our very own James Daniels. This FREE event will be fun for the whole family and features the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra playing with popular conductor David Kay, as well as dazzling fireworks.
Plan a picnic or make the most of a large variety of food and drink vendors on site. For more information visit: ccc.govt.nz/sparks.
This summer series is happening every Sunday from 30 January – 6 March 2022.
These FREE events run from 2 – 4pm at the Archery Lawn, Christchurch Botanic Gardens and feature free live music each week. Chill out with friends and whānau and check out talented local musicians performing in the stunning Christchurch Botanic Gardens.
- 30 January - All That Jazz, featuring Tiger Moth and Blossom
- 6 February - Masters of the Blues, featuring Shuffle the Deck and Diablos Caravan
- 13 February - The New Alternative, featuring There’s a Tuesday and Goodwill
- 20 February - Classic Rock Sessions, featuring Tattoo Voodoo and Sign of the Firebird
- 27 February - Opera on the Lawn featuring NZ Opera directed by Andrew Crooks
- 6 March - Country vibes, featuring Al Park & Adam Hattaway and The Eastern
For more information visit: ccc.govt.nz/summersundays.
Don’t forget to come back regularly because more amazing events will be added in the coming weeks.
Christchurch City Council SummerTimes is proudly sponsored by Coast.