Auckland Council and Coast are bringing 20 smash-hit movies to a park near you this summer.
It’s been multiple summers since the first free screenings of box-office hits began in Auckland’s parks. This year the movie titles are bigger, star quality is shining brighter, pre-movie entertainment is more comprehensive, and the number of people turning up for an evening under the stars is predicted to exceed recent audience levels of over 30,000.
Kick back and imagine hearing birds and leaves rustle in the trees, with the moon overhead, as you watch:
- E.T. phoning home at Woodall Park, Narrow Neck Beach
- Spiderman scaling crazy new heights at Māngere’s Centre Park
- Buzz Lightyear flying into Maungakiekie’s Fergusson Domain
- Simba, the loveable lion cub bounding into Ambury Farm
- Iconic waiata Poi E dialling up nostalgia at Coyle Park
No bookings or tickets are required. Seventeen of the twenty films playing at 26 events are captioned for the Deaf community, food trucks will be on-site and Auckland Council will run a zero-waste system at all events.
The 2020 line-up for both Movies in Parks and Music in Parks will be live at www.moviesinparks.co.nz on 28 November 2019.