Monique Rana - Motivational Quotes for the FITpath
- Publish Date
- Friday, 19 July 2013, 12:00AM
- By Monique Rana
I’m a true believer for planning ahead when it comes to your exercise sessions. For me, they’re non-negotiable and I put them into my planner 6 months ahead. Of course there are times when the body is too tired to exercise, that’s when I do some active rest like a light walk. However, there are times too where that voice inside your head is saying” it’s too early to get up for a run, or this beds too warm to get out of, or tomorrow’s another day.”
This is when I have a few mantras or quotes in my head ready to blast that voice.
I’ve listed a few from the well-known people, few of my own to knock out that voice.
- Don’t put off today what you can do tomorrow
- Stop wishing – Start doing
- Your body changing: It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing. It takes 8 weeks for friends and family to notice. And it takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Keep going!
- The body achieves what the mind believes.
- To keep going: “Prepare a 45 minute long playlist of songs and keep going until the end.”
- Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference between fitness success and fitness failure.”
- Imagine yourself at your goal weight, optimum health and wellbeing. The mind is where the race is won.
- “True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind & exercise of the body; the two are ever united. “ Humboldt
- “The principle is competing against yourself. It’s about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before.” Steve Young.
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” Aristotle
- When the world says, ‘Give up’, Hope whispers - ‘Try it one more time.’
- “It’s never too late to be what you might have been.” George Elliot
- “When eating a fruit, think of the person who planted the tree.” Vietnamese saying.
- “Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still.” Chinese Proverb
- “The groundwork of all happiness is good health.” Leigh Hunt
Join Monique as bodytechfitmama for latest tweets on Fitness/Health/Conversation
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you