Monique Rana - Rebounder Workout Benefits
- Publish Date
- Friday, 17 January 2014, 12:00AM
- By Monique Rana
Get on your tramp! The mini trampoline that is. Do you remember how much fun you had jumping on the bed as a kid? The Mini Trampoline, or Urban Rebounder lets your kids have the same fun experience without ruining your mattress or getting hurt from a fall off the bed. But not only your kids, YOU!
The mini trampoline is one of the most versatile pieces of exercise equipment. Your kids or grandkids can jump on it in front of the television, or outside, and when it’s not in use, it easily fits in a closet or even under the bed.
Let’s look at some of the benefits of working out on the Mini Trampoline:
- It’s a low impact form of exercise
- Burns more calories than jogging
- Does not stress the joints of lower legs and also no signs of shin splints.
- Improves circulation
- Boosted lymphatic and immune system: the best motion at cell level for moving nutrients around and toxins out
- Gives you a great cardio workout
- Strengthens your legs and thighs
- Improves balance and coordination
- Excellent rehabilitation of lower limb injuries (e.g. David Beckham used it to help repair his broken foot)
- Its very portable
- NASA Rebound Exercise Report has also stated that rebound exercise is an excellent exercise for our senior citizens, those physically handicapped, those who are recuperating from an accident or injury, or anyone else who needs exercise but is hampered by a preexisting physical condition.
Above all, it is A LOT OF FUN!
When you are shopping for a mini trampoline/rebounder look for a model with six legs. It will be a lot more stable than some of the cheaper four legged models. If you’re just starting out and also as an extra safety precaution, look for a model with a stabilizer bar. Before you purchase a rebounder, read up on the different types, as depending on your weight, you may need a different grade. /I have listed a few websites for you to check out.
Click here for places to buy rebounders/mini tramps:
You can also follow Monique as bodytechfitmama for more fit tips and inspiration.
Become a fan on BodyTech Facebook page
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you