- Publish Date
- Thursday, 15 February 2018, 5:43PM
- By Allyson Gofton
When fresh corn is in season and ever so cheap, cut the kernels from fresh corn cobs, cook in a little water for 4-5 minutes, cool and use in this recipe.
- 170 gram can crab meat, well drained
- 400 gram can whole kernel corn, well drained
- ¼ cup finely chopped spring onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chillies
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped mint and parsley
- 4 eggs, separated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup self-raising flour, sifted
- oil for pan frying
- knob butter for pan frying
- Mix together the crab meat, corn, spring onion, chilli, ginger, mint, parsely, egg yolks and salt.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Stir genty into the corn mixture with the sifted flour.
- Heat sufficient oil with a knob of butter to just coast the base of a non-stick pan and cook spoonfuls of the batter for 2 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for a further 2-3 minutes until golden. Keep warm in a low overn - about 120°C while cooking remaining fritters.Serve the fritters with the Avocado Salsa.
- Halve, stone and dice the flesh of two avocados. Mix with 1/4 cup minced red onion, 2 chopped de-seeded mild chillies, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or coriander, grated rind of one lime and 1/2 cup your favourite vinaigrette.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you