- Publish Date
- Friday, 22 July 2016, 4:05PM
- 1 shoulder of lamb
- 2 tblsp flour
- 1 tblsp French style prepared mustard
- 1 tblp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground mace
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 grams softened butter
- Lightly score the surface of the lamb. Rub with the flour and place on a foil-lined tray. Roast at 200ºC for 40 minutes.
- Mix together the Devil Mix ingredients (mustard, curry powder, ground mace, salt and butter) and spread half evenly over the lamb and return to a 160ºC oven for a further 40 minutes.
- Spread the remaining devil mix over the lamb and cook a further 40 minutes. Stand for 10-15 minutes before carving and serving with Coconut Pumpkin and garnished with fresh herbs such as sweet marjoram.
- You can use a leg of lamb in place of a shoulder. The cooking time will be the same. - For Coconut Pumpkin, toss diced pumpkin in 2-3 tablespoons melted butter and 6-8 whole cardamoms. Roast on a foil-lined tray at 160ºC for 40 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with shredded coconut before serving.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you