- Publish Date
- Friday, 4 November 2016, 4:09PM
This recipe is equally nice done with chicken if you do not have duck.
- 4 duck breasts
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (fresh or dried)
- 2 Tblsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 cup chicken stock or water
- 400-600 grams rice noodles
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and shredded
- 1 bunch broccolini (baby broccoli)
- 1 Tblsp fish sauce
- chopped coriander to garnish
- Place the duck breasts, kaffir lime leaves, curry paste and water into a saucepan and poach over a low heat for 10 minutes. Remove the duck and reserve the cooking liquid.
- Place the duck fat side down into a hot frying pan and cook until the skin is crispy.
- Add the ginger to the pan and cook one minute before adding the broccolini, reserved stock and fish sauce. Simmer until the broccolini is crisp tender.
- Cook the noodles in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain well and divide into four bowls. Top each with broccolini, sliced crispy duck, and pour equal amounts of cooking liquid on top. Garnish with coriander if wished.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you