- Publish Date
- Friday, 15 December 2017, 8:19AM
- By Allyson Gofton
Lois is a fan of slow cooking and of good food, beautifully cooked and simply presented, not over-adorned with garnishes or needless decorations. To this end, her slow roast fillet of beef is an entertainer's dream. Cooked to pink perfection, and served warm, the meat can be cooked in advance, so Lois can enjoy her guests' company without fretting over whether a costly fillet of beef is cooked rare or medium. Lois says it's fail-safe. Cooked this way, the beef has an even pink blush thoughout and a melt-in-the-mouth texture.
- 1.6 kilograms fillet of beef
- about ¼ cup mustard (wholegrain mustard is nice)
- Preheat the oven to 100ºC.
- Spread the fillet thickly with the mustard and place in a shallow roasting dish or deep-sided oven tray.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 2 hours. Remove and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving. The beef can be set aside, covered, and served when ready.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you