- Publish Date
- Thursday, 7 September 2017, 10:00AM
- By Allyson Gofton
A sweet treat. Enjoy with your favourite NZ dessert wine.
- 150g butter
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250g tub sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- grated rind of one lemon
- ¼ cup orange juice
- grated rind of one orange
- 150 gram packet mixed peel
- 6 ripe freestone peaches
- 2-3 tablespoons caster sugar
- creme fraiche or whipped cream
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and sour cream.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and cardamom together and carefully fold into the egg mixture, with the lemon and orange zest and juice and mixed peel.
- Spoon mixture into a greased and base-lined 20cm round cake tin. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Stand in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cake rack to cool. Serve with creme fraiche or whipped cream and the Roasted Peaches.
- Cut peaches in half, twisting halves to release the stone. Arrange cut side up on a baking paper-lined baking tray and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake at 200ºC for 15-20 minutes or until the sugar is starting to caramelise and the fruit is tender.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you