- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 30 March 2016, 3:24PM
Crisp, juicy and super sweet, apples are plentiful in autumn - and who doesn't love a homemade apple pie?! This fabulous tart is super easy to make and tastes delicious!
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
For the crumble:
35g rolled oats
35g wholemeal flour
20g caster sugar
For the filling:
400g cooking apples, peeled, cored and quartered
1 tablespoon water
For the cream:
1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Peel and core the apples, quarter and cut in to chunks.
- Put the apples into a pan with the sugar and water. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes and place in a small ovenproof dish.
- Place the flour and oats in a bowl and mix well. Cut the butter into small cubes and add this to the oats and flour. Mix with your fingertips until it resembles an even crumb texture. Add the sugar and mix through.
- Cover the fruit with the crumble mixture. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until the crumble is golden and the apple hot.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add syrup and cinnamon; beat until soft peaks form.
- Serve tart warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you