- Publish Date
- Friday, 3 February 2017, 10:21AM
|2 cups||Caster sugar|
|1¼ cups||Rice bran oil|
|3 Tbsp||Canned crushed pineapple|
|1 cup||Pecans, or walnuts, roughly chopped|
|2 cups||Plain flour|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|1½ tsp||Baking soda|
|2 cups||Carrots, grated|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease or line 24cm cake tin.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until well combined and creamy. Slowly add the oil and continue beating. Stir in the pineapple and nuts.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Fold into the mixture.
- Fold in the carrot and the sultanas. Pour into the cake tin and bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Test with a skewer - if the skewer is sticky, bake for a further 5-10 minutes. Leave to rest for 15 minutes before turning out to let cool while making the icing.
- To make the icing, beat all the ingredients together until smooth, then spread on to the cake.
Lightly roast the walnuts and pecans together before adding to the carrot cake. This will add a lovely toasty flavour. Soften the cream cheese or use the spreadable alternative to give a magnificent creamy icing.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you