- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 1:31PM
The key to any dad's heart is through his stomach; so why not try our tasty Father's Day Coca Cola Pulled Pork Buns Recipe - it's fit for a king!
- 1tbsp onion powder
- 1tbsp garlic powder
- 2tsp sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 400ml Coca Cola
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- 10 brioche buns/ 4 large baguettes
- 1.5kg boneless pork shoulder
- 2tbsp smoked paprika
- Trim the pork of all excess fat and skin. Stir together all the dry spices and rub over the pork on all sides.
- Place the pork in a slow cooker and pour over the Coca Cola. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Take the pork out of the slow cooker and shred using 2 forks. Pour all but 1 cup of the cooking juices into a jug and save for later.
- Return the shredded pork to the cooker and add the BBQ sauce and enough of the reserved juices to keep it moist. Stir then cover the pork and rest for 20 minutes.
- Serve the pulled pork piled into toasted brioche buns (or tortillas/ baguettes) with slaw and more BBQ sauce.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you