- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 29 March 2016, 10:22AM
Not sure what to do with those left over Creme Eggs? We've got the most delicious solution for you...
For the cake:
225g unsalted butter
225g caster sugar
175g self raising flour
50g cocoa powder
1tsp baking powder
For the buttercream:
250g unsalted butter
450g icing sugar
Splash of milk
2 packs of chocolate buttons
10 Creme Eggs
- First, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs and combine.
- Then add all the dry ingredients and whisk together until a batter is formed.
- Add a splash of milk.
- Divide the mix between three cake tins and bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
- For the buttercream, whisk together the butter, icing sugar, cocoa powder.
- Then add a splash of milk.
- Cover each layer of sponge with the buttercream.
- Place each sponge on top of each other and then cover the whole cake with more buttercream.
- To decorate, add your chocolate buttons around the side of the cake.
- Finally, slice the Creme Eggs in half and place on top of the cake.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you