- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 16 March 2016, 3:00PM
You can't go wrong with roast pork! Our Guinness and honey glazed pork loin will give you beautiful succulent and tender pork with a tasty glaze - plus it's extremely easy. It will have you coming back for seconds!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
250g light muscovado sugar
2kg skinless, boneless loin of pork
A splash of white wine, Champagne or water
Few sprigs flat leaf parsley
- To make the glaze, put the Guinness, honey and sugar into a pan. Reduce by almost half to form a sweet syrupy glaze, then allow to cool.
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and roast for 20mins.
- Turn the heat down to 160C.
- Remove the pork from the oven and brush all over with most of the glaze (reserving a few tbsp). Then cook for a further 40-50mins, brushing and basting the pork as it cooks until it’s beautifully caramelised and glazed.
- Remove the pork from the roasting tray and leave to rest.
- Pour the remaining glaze into the roasting tray, then add the wine, Champagne or water. Place the pan on the heat and bring everything to the boil, simmer for a few mins until you have thick gravy.
- Carve pork into thin slices and finish with a sprig of parsley.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, March 2005.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you