- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 3 August 2016, 11:24AM
To celebrate Martha Stewart's 75th birthday today, we've got one of our favourite Martha recipes for you to try.
Turn boring pork into something spectacular and flavourful with tangy apricot jam. This dish will make quite the impression around the family dinner table.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 pork tenderloins, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 jar apricot jam (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- Heat broiler tray; setting the rack 4 inches away from the heat. Rub pork with oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together jam and mustard. Cook over medium heat until jam melts (around 3 to 4 minutes). Then remove from heat and transfer half to a small bowl for brushing. Cover pan to keep remaining sauce warm.
- Remove pork from broiler and brush with reserved sauce.
- Continue broiling until pork is blackened in spots and registers 150F degrees on an instant-read thermometer (around 5 to 10 minutes more).
- Cover pork loosely with foil and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve drizzled with warm sauce.
Recipe from www.marthastewart.com.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you