- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016, 3:11PM
If you’ve been looking for the perfect recipe to use up any left over mashed potatoes - this is the dish for you! Your taste buds will be forever grateful for these one-of-a-kind bombs. Each crispy, bacon wrapped bomb is bursting with creamy, smooth mashed potatoes and dripping with melted cheese! YUM!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Approximately 8 large bombs
2 cups mashed potato, chilled
1 packet of bacon
Cheddar cheese (or your favourite cheese), cut into 1″ chunks
1/2 cup of dry breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to season
Oil for frying
Sour cream for dipping.
- Heat oil in a saucepan or deep fryer.
In a large bowl combine the mashed potatoes, egg, and salt and pepper until well blended.
- Grab a handful of the mashed potato mixture and form it around a cheddar cheese cube, making a bomb shape.
Place the bread crumbs into a shallow bowl, and roll the bomb evenly in the crumbs.
- Wrap the bomb with one slice of bacon and secure it with a toothpick.
- Fry the bomb in the oil for approximately 3-4 minutes (use your own judgement, making sure the bacon is thoroughly cooked and the bombs are golden on all sides).
- Let the bomb drain of excess oil and cool off for a few minutes.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
Recipe from www.ohbiteit.com.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you