- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 10 January 2017, 12:00PM
Nothing beats a good scone, and bite.co.nz have a recipe that will satisfy your scone needs!
- Preheat oven to 210C. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Rub butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the centre and pour in milk and pumpkin. Mix with a knife until dough comes together.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured board and roll into a large rectangle. Cut in half and cover one half with feta, onion and herbs, half of the parmesan and then top with other half of the dough. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and pumpkin seeds.
- Cut into 12 scones and place on a cold tray.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and pumpkin seeds and bake for 14 minutes until golden and firm.
Note - If your dough feels sticky then add more flour - it will vary with the variety of pumpkin.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you