- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 6 July 2016, 3:35PM
Celebrate the 4th of July with American sliders (also know as a mini burger). You can serve this tangy, tender slow cooked buffalo chicken on buttery toasted buns, or as lettuce wraps! It’s a taste sensation!
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 200ml hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50g butter
- 50ml sour cream
- 50ml mayonnaise
- 50g blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- Tomato, Lettuce, Buns (to serve)
- Add your chicken breasts, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper and butter to the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
- In a bowl mix together your sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, garlic and lemon juice. This will make your blue cheese dressing.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from the slow cooker, transfer to a bowl and shred.
- Once shredded add your leftover cooking liquid and mix thoroughly.
- Lay half a bun on a plate, top with your chicken, then your sauce, then a couple of slices of tomato and some lettuce. Top with more sauce and you're good to go.
- Make up a whole bunch and enjoy with a nice cold beer. Perfect!
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you