- Publish Date
- Friday, 8 July 2016, 12:24PM
- By Philip Walsh
The best way for contact lens wearers to avoid eye infections is to care for their contacts properly.
Here are some tips to help you keep your contact lenses clean:
- Always wash your hands with soap and water before handling your contact lenses. When drying your hands, make sure you use a lint-free towel.
- Contact lenses should not be rinsed with or stored in water, always use the solution provided by your optometrist.
- Avoid contact with water and always remove your lenses before going swimming.
- Do not sleep with your contact lenses in, unless you are prescribed to wear extended contacts that allow more oxygen to reach the cornea.
- Keep your contact lens case clean and replace it regularly.
- Replace your contact lenses according to the instructions provided by your eye care professional.
To speak to an optometrist about contact lens care, visit your local Specsavers store or visit www.specsavers.co.nz.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you