- Publish Date
- Friday, 29 April 2016, 9:34AM
- By Lani Lopez
Sometimes our emotions are so locked down deep that it makes us feel numb and sometimes we can’t even cry. Sometimes addictions help to fill up the aching divide or whole that is inside us even if it’s temporary. If you need help with this I’ll show you a simple mirror exercise that helps to rebalance and connect yourself together.
Part of the exercise is to say to yourself, “I love you,” which seems simple but it can be one of the hardest things you’ll ever do.
Today, we have two very brave souls who are going to help show us what it looks like to heal that separation of our emotions and our bodies.
- Look into the mirror – what do you see?
- Take a deep breath look at yourself how does it make you feel?
- I want you to say I love you three times – how does that feel?
- Take a deep breathe
- Can you remember a young trauma in your life?
- What would you say to yourself at this time as you are now that is encouraging and loving coming from your adult self today?
- I want you to imagine your strong family and friends, loved ones here and past standing behind you … loving you … how do you feel now?
- I want you say I love you three times? Do you feel differently from the first time you uttered those three words?
- I want you to do this for five minutes every morning for 21 days – can you do this?
As you find self love you’ll find the need to depend on others for love, or material goods, or addictions a little easier. There’s more work to do as this is the beginning of loving the real you.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you