- Publish Date
- Friday, 18 May 2018, 10:49AM
Sir Elton John has reportedly been confirmed to perform at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal nuptials on Saturday.
According to TMZ, the 71-year-old is said to be entertaining guests at Windsor Castle - however, it is unclear whether he'll play at the church ceremony or at the reception later on in the day, the reports.
The news comes 21 years after he performed his single Candle in the Wind at Harry's mother Princess Diana's funeral in 1997 after she passed away in a car accident.
According to the new reports, John is set to be entertaining the star-studded guestlist at this weekend's eagerly anticipated ceremony.
This will no doubt bring great joy to Prince Harry's big day, after John lent him and brother Prince William support two decades ago following the passing of their mother, his close friend Diana.
Back in March, John revealed he hadn't yet received his invite to Harry and Meghan's wedding, despite reportedly rearranging concerts for the May 19 nuptials.
The singer and close friend of the Prince's late mother Princess Diana, spoke on BBC2 Radio, where he made the declaration.
John was no doubt trying to through royal fans off the scent, considering his attendance at Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge's 2011 wedding.
On the chance of being asked to perform, he previously conceded: "It will be nice because I love him very dearly."
He also made reference to Mel B's announcement last month that the Spice Girls would be taking the stage, as he said: "I mean the Spice Girls, no one's going to beat them off the stage, are they? They're just huge."
John spent time with Harry last summer when they took a trip to Sicily, Italy together, where the musician noticed that Harry was smitten with Meghan.
"I could tell that he was totally in love," he told Lorraine Kelly. "And he didn't really discuss much personally but he said: "'I'm in love' and I thought: 'Good for you.'"
Last week, reports that the Spice Girls would be performing at the Royal wedding were shot down.
Mel B drove fans wild earlier this year after she hinted that the Spice Girls would be performing at Harry's wedding to actress Meghan.
According to TMZ, the Spice Girls "have no plans to perform at any point in the festivities" and "Meghan and Harry haven't asked, neither has Kensington Palace."
The publication also reveals that the band "haven't rehearsed anything for the wedding."
This article was written by NZ Herald and republished here with permission.