Toni Street shares her mum's quick and easy Thai pumpkin soup recipe
- Publish Date
- Saturday, 13 August 2022, 10:32AM
Nothing says winter like a warm and hearty pumpkin soup for lunch.
And Toni Street has got the perfect recipe for you to try!
You won't believe how simple, yet wildly flavourful this Thai Pumpkin Soup is.
Fragrant, gently spicy, creamy, rich and sneakily healthy - you'll enjoy every spoonful!
1kg pumpkin, chopped into 1cm chunks
2 onions, chopped
2tbls olive oil
2tsp green curry paste
4cups vegetable stock
2 medium carrots, sliced
2 medium kumara, chopped
400ml coconut cream or milk
1tblp soy sauce
- Roast pumpkin until just done.
- Heat oil on a medium heat, in a big saucepan. Throw in your chopped onion and curry paste and cook for two minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, then the carrots, kumara and cooked pumpkin.
- Cover and cook for 12 minutes.
- When the time's up, add the coconut cream and soy sauce.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you