Lazy Lorna's Cooking Corner: One Pot Mushroom and Potato Curry
- Publish Date
- Thursday, 1 October 2015, 1:32PM
To mark World Vegetarian Day, here's a simple and delicious meat-free curry you can have on the table in just half an hour!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped into small chunks
- 1 aubergine (eggplant), trimmed and chopped into chunks
- 250g button mushrooms
- 2-4 tbsp curry paste (depending on how hot you like it)
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- Chopped coriander, to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and potato. Cover, then cook over a low heat for 5 mins until the potatoes start to soften. Throw in the aubergine and mushrooms then cook for a few more minutes. Stir in the curry paste, pour over the stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes or so or until the potato is tender. Stir through the coriander and serve with rice or naan bread. YUM!
Source: Good Food
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you