BAD DOGGIE TREATS ... what NOT to feed your dog
- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 2:32PM
According to some experts, here are seven things that you should NEVER feed to your dog ... and why:
- Macadamia nuts – can cause vomiting and hypothermia in dogs.
- Lemons and limes – are too acidic for animals and can cause vomiting and diarrhoea.
- Onions and garlic – contain an ingredient that destroys an animal’s red blood cells. This can result in anaemia.
- Grapes and raisins – can cause kidney failure in dogs.
- Cheese and milk – Just like humans, adult dogs and cats can be lactose intolerant.
- Avocados – can cause heart problems and even death for birds, rabbits, and horses. Although they can cause stomach upset in dogs, the big concern it that it may swallow the large pit, which isn’t digestible.
- And, of course, Chocolate – especially dark—contains theobromine, a stimulant found in cocoa beans that may cause heart problems, vomiting, and seizures in dogs.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you