HOUSEHOLD ITEMS YOU NEVER KNEW HAD EXPIRATION DATES:
- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 31 May 2017, 2:42PM
Most of us use the consumer products every day without being aware of the fact that they will not last forever and that they should be replaced after some period of time.
- Pillows: 2-3 years. Natural wear and tear will make the pillow to lose its shape and because of lack of support, you will experience neck pain. Moreover, your pillow will become a home for dust mites.
- Bathroom towel: 1-3 years. Most of us hang our towels on a hook to air dry without knowing that these damp towels are a fantastic environment for bacterial growth. Washing towels after they ferment in their wet state will not solve the problem.
- Perfume: 1-3 years. Perfumes that contain essential oils can last for 3 years when they are stored closed and 2 years if they are stored opened.
- Child car seats: 6-10 years. The foam and plastic deteriorate over time, causing the seat to lose its shape and rendering it unable to protect the child.
- Bra: 1-2 years. Once a bra begins to lose its shape, loses its elasticity, or becomes uncomfortable, trash it and buy a new one.
- Running shoes: 1 year. Once they hit over 400 kilometres cushioning starts to break down and causes stress to your joints.
- Spices: 1-3 years. Spices lose their taste and smell over time. Ground spices, especially, should not be kept more than 6 months.
- Disinfectants: 3 months. They can lose their effectiveness after 3 months of use.
• Hairbrush: 1 year. It is recommended you clean your brushes thoroughly once a week and replace them yearly. If the hairbrush you use is with natural boar bristle, buy a new one every 7-10 months.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you