- Publish Date
- Friday, 5 May 2023, 12:00PM
Here’s how to make the famous Ted Lasso biscuit recipe from the hit TV series streaming on Apple TV+.
These melt-in-your-mouth shortbread cookies are made with just five ingredients!
In the show, Ted Lasso, a small-time college football coach from the Midwest hired to coach a pro soccer team in England despite knowing nothing about soccer, tries to win over the team's owner, Rebecca Welton, by making his famous biscuit recipe.
- 230g of unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Place the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer (or large bowl if using an electric hand mixer). Let sit at room temperature until softened. Coat an 8- or 9-inch square metal baking pan with more butter.
- Beat the butter on high speed until fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. With the mixer running, gradually add 3/4 cup icing sugar and continue to beat until pale and fluffy.
- Stop the mixer. Sift 2 cups of all-purpose flour into the bowl, add 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, then mix on low speed until just combined.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and pat to an even thickness, about 1/2 inch thick. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 150°C.
- Slice the dough into rectangles or squares in the pan. Bake until golden brown and the middle is firm, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Re-slice, if needed, before serving.
Perfect morning tea-time snack!
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you