- Publish Date
- Saturday, 7 August 2021, 1:23PM
Indulge yourself with our Salted Caramel Brownie Pie - it's gooey, rich, and amazingly delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pie case
- 175g butter
- 175g dark chocolate
- 1 can carnation caramel
- 2tsp sea salt
- 175g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 120g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- Extras: crushed honeycomb, salted caramel ice cream, chocolate sauce
- Preheat the oven to 170c.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally and don’t let the water touch the bottom of the bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together 2/3 of the caramel, pinch salt, eggs and sugar until slightly thickened. Pour in the buttery chocolate mixture and whisk again until combined.
- Now add the plain flour and cocoa powder. Slowly stir to combine. Once you have a smooth streak-free brownie mix, pour into the shortcrust pastry case.
- Take your remaining caramel and salt and mix together. Marble this over the surface of the brownie. Feather with a toothpick, if you like.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (this should give a fudgy brownie centre to your pie).
- Once baked, slice up and serve with ice cream, honeycomb and chocolate sauce.