- Publish Date
- Friday, 10 January 2020, 3:15PM
These cheese and olive biscuits are perfect for your platters this Summer! Extremely simple, and they taste delicious!
Time it so guests arrive just as you’re taking these biscuits from the oven; the aroma will be irresistible.
They are also fantastic kept in an airtight container and warmed through on a later date. Add some chopped green olives, to make them a little special. These are perfect served with a glass of wine pre-dinner or added to an antipasto platter.
Ingredients - Serves 30
120g Butter, cut into cubes
1/2 Cup Tasty cheese, grated
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan cheese, plus an extra 2 Tbsp
1 1/4 cup Plain flour
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Green olives, chopped
- Preheat an oven to 170C.
- Into a food processor place the butter, tasty cheese, parmesan cheese, flour, cayenne and salt. Blitz to form the dough. Turn it on to a lightly floured bench, knead a little then divide the dough into two.
- In one half, knead in the olives and set aside. Roll the other half between two pieces of baking paper until ¼ cm thick. Using a 6cm cookie cutter press out rounds and place to a baking tray.
- Do the same with the olive dough. Reroll any edges.
- Sprinkle over a little extra parmesan. Place into the oven for 15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove and cool slightly before enjoying.
- Store in an airtight container.
This article was originally published at nzherald and reproduced here with permission.