- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 21 November 2023, 11:00AM
These white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are absolutely packed with white chocolate and salted macadamia nuts, and have extra chewy centres that make them irresistible! These would make the perfect Christmas gift or snack.
- 265g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, melted + slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup (150g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract together until combined.
- Pour into dry ingredients and mix everything together until completely combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Cover and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 4 days. If chilling for longer than 2 hours, allow them to sit at room temperature for at least 20-30 minutes before rolling and baking because the dough will be quite hard.
- Preheat oven to 177°C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Roll cookie dough into balls, about 1-1 1/2 Tablespoons of dough per cookie and arrange 5cms apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you