- Publish Date
- Sunday, 13 February 2022, 11:57AM
There's nothing better than digging into a delicious chocolate fondant, with an ooey-gooey centre.
Our chocolate fondants with salted caramel are so wickedly rich and decadent, you'll be sighing with delight!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
275g dark chocolate (85% cocoa solids is best)
400g caster sugar
5 large free-range eggs
200g plain flour
8tbsp caramel sauce, mixed with 1tsp sea salt
You will need:
8 x 200ml metal pudding moulds, buttered and dusted with cocoa powder.
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Gently melt the chocolate and butter together in a heavy-bottomed saucepan until smooth.
- Stir through the sugar, then hand-whisk in the eggs one by one – don’t worry if the mix splits, it will come back together.
- Fold in the flour with a generous pinch of salt – you should have a smooth, thick mixture.
- Half-fill the moulds with the mix, then place 1tbsp of caramel in the centre of each, and divide the remaining fondant mix over the caramel – it should be completely encased in the centre of the fondant.
- Cook on the middle shelf for 20 minutes exactly, then remove from the oven, let the moulds stand for 3 to 4 minutes then invert them onto plates and tip out the fondant.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.