This delicious sweet chilli, ham and cream cheese scroll recipe is a weekend treat
- Publish Date
- Sunday, 9 October 2022, 11:14AM
Kiwis are going wild over this sweet chilli, ham and cream cheese scroll recipe — and it's easy to see why!
The tasty creation - which takes just 40 minutes to cook - went viral after it was shared by Kitty's Kitchen on Instagram.
Kitty's Kitchen is an Instagram page dedicated to sharing home-cooked meals and recipes.
And while 40 minutes might seem like a long time, these delicious morsels are actually extremely easy to make.
• Nigella Lawson shares her recipe for Decadent Emergency Brownies that will "melt in your mouth"
• Renee Wright reveals what she thinks is the actual recipe for KFC secret recipe fried chicken
2 cups of flour
250g of tasty cheese
1 tablespoon paprika
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk
Generous pinch of salt
12 slices of shaved ham
4 tablespoons of cream cheese
¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, salt and paprika into a large bowl. Now add the grated cheese and milk. Stir until well combined. The mixture will be wet and sticky.
- Dust a chopping board with flour and divide the mixture into 4. Create 4 rectangular shapes and place them onto the chopping board.
- Brush sweet chilli all over. Add 3 slices of shaved ham to each scroll. The ham should be slightly overlapping each other.
- Place a tablespoon of cream cheese at the bottom of the scroll then start rolling it over, starting from the cream cheese end. Roll until you have a perfect scroll. Brush some more sweet chilli over the top.
- Place the scrolls onto a lined baking tray and put into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you