- Publish Date
- Friday, 17 November 2023, 12:43PM
Summer days are meant for relaxing with a cold drink and outdoor adventures, not sweating it out in the kitchen - but that doesn't mean you have to skip out on homemade delights!
With just five simple ingredients, this quick and delightful no-bake caramel slice is a hassle-free, decadent treat that won't have you breaking a sweat!
Try it now!
- 125g arrowroot biscuits
- 130g unsalted butter (melted)
- 200g dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 2 TBSP golden syrup
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- Blend together biscuits and 70g butter into a fine crumb. Press mixture into a 20x20cm baking pan lined with baking paper and place in the fridge.
- In a large heat-proof bowl, add condensed milk, golden syrup and remaining butter. Heat in the microwave on medium-high for 6-8 minutes, stopping for 1-minute intervals and whisking well each time.
- Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and pour the caramel mixture immediately over the top, spreading to form an even layer. Return the pan to the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the chocolate and microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Pour over the top of the caramel layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Slice into bars to serve.
For an extra element, try adding some crushed pretzels on top of the chocolate while it is setting - the perfect balance of salty and sweet!
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you