- Publish Date
- Friday, 5 February 2021, 3:01PM
Cake and long weekends go together almost as well as plums and lemons! With this delicious recipe, you've got both.
So before you make your afternoon cuppa, make sure to whip one of these up to give your family the perfect treat! Just make sure you grab a slice for yourself before it's all gone.
|1 tsp||vanilla essence|
|2 Tbsp||vegetable oil|
|2 Tbsp||lemon juice|
|1 Tbsp||lemon zest|
|1 ¼ cups||plain flour|
|½ tsp||baking powder|
|¼ tsp||baking soda|
|A pinch of||salt|
|½ cup||ricotta or sour cream|
|Creme fraiche or cream||to serve|
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease and line the base of a 24cm ring tin.
- Place the plums in a large bowl and stir through the 1 tsp of flour.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the eggs, beating in one at a time, then the vanilla. Stir through the oil, lemon juice and zest.
- Add the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, ricotta and plums, combining well. Pour the batter into the tin, smoothing the top. Bake for 50 minutes until the centre is set and a skewer comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the tin before removing and placing on a serving plate.
- Serve with creme fraiche or lightly whipped cream.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you