- Publish Date
- Sunday, 31 July 2022, 10:00AM
You can't go wrong with pork belly!
Our slow-roasted mildly spiced pork belly will give you beautiful succulent and tender pork with crispy crackling - plus it's extremely easy with a quick preparation time.
It will make you come back for seconds!
Prep time: Prep time 10 mins (plus marinating)
Cooking time: 2 hours 50 mins
2.25kg pork belly, bones removed and skin scored (your butcher will do this)
For the jerk seasoning:
6 spring onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1-3 chillies (1 for mildly hot)
1tsp ground allspice
2tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp brown sugar
1tsp black pepper
2tsp dried oregano
65ml fresh lemon juice
- To make the jerk seasoning, simply put all the ingredients into a blender and whizz to a paste. You'll only need about two-thirds of it but the rest will keep in the fridge for up to a week (toss in cubes of chicken and grill for a quick supper).
- Heat the oven to 150 C. Turn the pork upside down and make slashes in the flesh but not the skin, around 2cm apart. Rub over the paste, pushing it into the flesh. If you can, leave the pork to marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Wrap in foil with the flesh side up, put into a roasting tin and bake for 2 hours 30 minutes, turning it skin side up halfway through.
- Now increase the heat to high, around 220 C, roll back the foil to expose the skin and roast until the skin crackles, around 20 minutes.
- Rest for 10 to 15 minutes then cut into slices.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you