- Publish Date
- Sunday, 17 July 2022, 10:00AM
You can easily master this apricot chicken recipe, which is a quick weeknight meal.
The chicken comes out moist and delicious, and the apricots add an elegant flair.
1 Tbsp oil
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces, or 8 chicken thighs/drumsticks
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped or ½ tsp dried herbs
1 can crushed tomatoes
8 apricots, halved fresh apricots or a 400g can of apricot halves
1 cup water
1 tsp chicken stock, powdered
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or saucepan and brown chicken pieces for 2-3 minutes on both sides until lightly browned. Set chicken aside.
- Drizzle a little more oil into the same pan and fry onion and garlic until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add back the chicken, along with the tomato paste, sweet chilli sauce, herbs, tomatoes, apricots, water and stock powder. Roughly break up the apricots with a wooden spoon.
- Stir all ingredients together and partially cover with a lid.
- Simmer on medium heat for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Serve hot with rice, couscous or mash, and greens.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you