- Publish Date
- Saturday, 2 April 2022, 10:31AM
Feijoas are one of our favourite autumn fruits.
The cardamom spice perfectly complements the sweetness of the feijoa - so why not whip up this warming and wonderful cobbler tonight!
100g Butter, softened
1tsp Baking powder
1tsp Ground cardamom
1cup Plain flour
¼cup Granulated white sugar
1 serving Milk
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Spoon the feijoas and their juice into the bottom of four pudding bowls.
- Into a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and cardamom.
- Stir in sugar, then rub in the butter using your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Slowly add a little milk and gently stir to make a soft dough.
- Spoon dollops over the fruit but not covering so the fruit is visible in places.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve while hot with lashings of custard.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you