- Publish Date
- Friday, 15 May 2020, 1:34PM
World baking day is Sunday, May 17 and Arnott’s wants to help you celebrate!
Over the past three weeks, the cookie company has also shared their recipes to make their iconic biscuits: Scotch Finger, Iced VoVo and Monte Carlo. But it’s finally time for Tim Tam’s to have their moment in the spotlight!
Arnott’s has created a Salted Almond Tim Tam Brownie and it sounds delicious. Try the recipe for yourself below:
Salted Almond Tim Tam Brownies
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cook time: 40-45 minutes Serves: 16
- Melted butter, to grease
- 120g dark chocolate, chopped
- 120g butter
- 1 ½ cups (400g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) plain flour
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 X (200g) packet of Arnott’s original Tim Tam, chopped
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- ½ tsp sea-salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 180ᵒC/160°C fan-forced. grease a 20 x 20cm square cake tin. Line with baking paper.
- Put chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stir until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture; add eggs, 1 at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture.
- Stir until just combined. Stir through Tim Tam. Pour batter into the prepared tin. Spreading evenly, sprinkle with almonds and sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until firm. Set aside to cool completely. Cut into pieces and serve
- Enjoy the chocolatey goodness!
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you