- Publish Date
- Sunday, 21 August 2022, 10:06AM
Something about a Sunday morning gives us the urge to experiment in the kitchen ... and Toni Street's recipe for breakfast bacon and egg cups is not to be missed!
Easy, delicious, full of protein and a complete breakfast all in one, these cups are great to make for a big family or to make ahead and reheat for busy mornings!
Toni's recipe makes six bacon and egg cups, but you can scale this recipe to make the number that you need!
The bacon can be precooked in a pan for a few minutes and then drained on paper towels to remove some of the fat.
Plus, you can get creative with these cups, adding in some sliced mushroom, spring onion, capsicum or even some cheese.
6 slices streaky bacon
1 cup baby spinach leaves, sliced
3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grease a large six-hole muffin tin and place the slices of bacon in the muffin tin, wrapping in a circle.
- Fill each cup with one egg, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, spinach leaves and cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the egg yolks reach your desired consistency.
- Run a knife around the edge of each cup to loosen and remove.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you