- Publish Date
- Saturday, 7 May 2022, 2:15PM
If you, like many others, have more feijoas than you know what to do with, freeze them and make this simple, delicious (and much healthier) version of feijoa ice cream.
500 g Feijoas, scooped out flesh
2 Bananas, large, each peeled and chopped into 3-4 large pieces
½ cup Cream
⅓ cup Natural yoghurt
1½ tsp Vanilla extract
¼ cup Crystallised ginger, chopped, optional
- Line a large tray (that will fit in your freezer) with baking paper and arrange feijoas and bananas on top in a single layer. Cover with cling film and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight, until frozen hard.
- When ready to serve the ice cream, place frozen feijoas and bananas in the bowl of a large food processor with a strong blade. Mix cream, yoghurt and vanilla together.
- Add half of the cream mixture to the frozen fruit and turn on the motor to blitz everything together until smooth and well combined — add more cream mixture as necessary, until you have achieved an ice cream consistency.
- Add the crystallised ginger (if using) and very briefly pulse to just mix it in with the ice cream.
- Scoop instant ice cream into bowls and serve immediately, with sliced feijoas.
This article was first published on bite.co.nz and is republished here with permission.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you